Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
We seek an experienced Finance professional with excellent analysis and communication skills to support the Laboratory Equipment (LE) as a Sr. Financial Analyst.
The position will be based in our Corporate Headquarters in Waltham, MA. A successful candidate will support Business Units across our Laboratory Products Division and will also be support a variety of Division level objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support monthly, quarterly, AOP, and STRAP activities, including LE bookings and revenue scorecard, global product management report, product vitality, MBR, QBR, and STRAP Reviews
- Lead monthly rolling bookings and revenue forecasts by product line and region to drive alignment between the Division and Business Units, and present recommendations to senior leadership
- Partner with the BU finance team in the development and enhancement of modeling tools and analytics while fostering consistency throughout LE
- Manage LE’s margin reporting while continually developing enhanced analytics for each business
- Partner with sales operations to optimize post sales concessions, and provide sales commission analysis, especially to understand the impact on profitability
- Drive continuous improvement in key processes for forecasting, AOP, and close efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required by finance and business leadership
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related fields.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to translate and articulate business impact in financial terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate professionally to all levels of an organization.
- Strong Excel and modeling skills, experience with Hyperion highly valuable.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work as part of team environment and individually.
- Minimal travel requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, with the willingness and ability to learn new concepts.
- Ability to manage and thrive in a collaborative and complex business environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage a diverse set of responsibilities across multiple business areas.
- He/she embodies the Thermo Fisher Scientific values of Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.