We are seeking a Key Account Manager (Comparator Sourcing), which is an exciting and highly visible part of the global BioPharma Services organization within Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Comparator Key Account Manager is responsible for the acquisition and the growth of new clients and the development of existing client groups by providing comparator sourcing subject matter expertise and sourcing solutions on client projects and requests. Meeting these objectives includes the identification of opportunities, the formulation and the conduct of specific end-to-end strategies, and the implementation of tactics that primarily result in new sales while building long-term productive customer-supplier relationships.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and provide innovative end-to-end comparator sourcing solutions and strategies to clients, meeting revenue objectives of the territory. Grow and develop customers according to Annual Operating Plan and assigned accounts/territory
- Gain market share with new customers
- Continuous update Salesforce with all relevant data
- Proactively find and communicate solutions for losses incurred
- Organize your customer meetings according to AOP
- Support Marketing in providing market and competition information to be used for client and strategy development.
- Maintain accurate and updated Blue Sheets for key customers
- Manage turnaround time for quotes
- Ensure customer satisfaction by understanding and fulfilling customers’ needs
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the Clinical Services sales team in giving advisory support on sourcing strategy and providing timely and accurate information, especially around milestones that need to be kept to meet project timelines, as well as any questions or challenges related to the project
- Collaborate closely with the global sales organization
- Work with Comparator Contract Managers for the Confidentiality & Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements and Technical Agreements
- Attend/present at trade shows / exhibitions, workshops and seminars
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field preferred
- 10 years work experience in pharmaceutical supply chain or related
- 3 years in sales preferred
- Familiarity with trading of pharmaceuticals is a must
- Experience in commercial/clinical pharmaceutical supply chain
- High Level of Business Acumen in both Administration and Business Strategies
- Outstanding customer service orientation and responsiveness
- Ability to build relationships. Excellent stakeholder management on all levels
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively on all levels. Break down complex communication.
- Action oriented, high energy level, perseverance and drive for results
- Creative and solution-oriented
- Willing to travel 25-50% within the east coast territory.