Maintenance Technician – Injection Molding - Night Shift
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintaining of production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Performs non-routine maintenance on injection molding presses.
- Troubleshoots presses when problems occur which could include hydraulics, penumatics and mechanical fixes.
- Assist and/or fill in for automation technician when necessary.
- Fills in for floor maintenance as needed.
- Records mold and press maintenance.
- Assist in automation repair/changover when needed.
- Performs quality checks and machine adjustments as needed to maximize product quality, rates of production, etc.
- Communicates directly with Maintenance Manager throughout the shift with updates about ongoing problems and projects.
- Assists building mechanic with machine spare component inventory.
- Preventative maintenance – maintaining cleanliness and performance of machines.
- Performs other duties as requested by Department Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Any post high school studies related to hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical a plus.
- Ability to work in fast paced production environment under high volume/high quality standards.
- Ability to work overtime and off shifts if needed.
- Work well within a team environment and ability to work independently, self motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Follows company policies and safety rules.
- Basic knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing principles.
- PC skills required including Microsoft Office.
- 3-5 years experience in a maintenance mechanic or equivalent position including working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Experience in injection mold maintenance a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a manufacturing environment ad may be exposed to heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.