When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Field Bioinformatics Specialist is part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on driving excellence in customer applications & technical support. Their scope of work will range from the pre-sales process and post-sales installation, to training and troubleshooting Bioinformatics related equipment and software. They will have matrix contact with customers, field sales personnel, sales managers, marketing and technical support staff. Assisting customers to identify market opportunities through development and commercialization of new applications on systems is also a significant part of this role. NO RELOCATION IS PROVIDED.
Preferred locations are Maryland, Delaware, NJ, PA, OH, and WV. Work from a remote office.
- Analyze large datasets, including internal data and customers’ experimental results
- Accompany Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers’ laboratories to provide technical and applications expertise in response to customer inquiries
- Perform product or software demonstrations in the field or lab
- Support conditional sales placements in the field through on-site visits and telephone communication
- Provide start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories and demonstrate proper operating procedures with consumable products
- Prepare and present seminars to customers, potential customers and employees as requested
- Provide bioinformatics training to Sales Representatives and collaborate with team to develop technical selling strategies
- Work in trade show booths to present products and gather competitive information
- Plan and deliver user meetings in the field application
- Complete all administrative duties, complete expense reports, etc. within given timelines
- Attends technical training and scientific meetings to gather information on new trends, products, and discoveries affecting
- Masters in Bioinformatics, Statistics, or related Science
- 3+ years working experience in a laboratory or customer facing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to take ownership of challenging problems.
- Proficiency in Linux and a scripting language such as Python or Perl
- Proficiency with statistical tests, linear models, ANOVA, etc.
- Experience working with scientist customers or collaborators is a strong plus.
- Experience in analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data considered a strong plus.
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of time
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Statistics, or related Life Science
- 5+ years working experience in a laboratory or customer facing role
- Expert in Linux and a scripting language such as Python or Perl
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com