Specific responsibilities include:
1) Development and implementation of a forecasting process for instrument that includes sales, marketing, customer and operations input.
2) Coordinate with the BU Supply Chain Leaders to implement and execute a world-class SIOP process/tool procedure for supported business.
3) Lead the process review and finalization leading to implementation of a process to deliver a demand forecast for the products and materials in the supported business.
4) Monitor and communicate weekly the progress of ship plan and open slots.
5) Provide training and supporting tools/presentations/programs/and templates for demand planning/sales forecasting across our businesses.
6) KPI ownership for forecast accuracy and customer service levels (OTS)
7) Communicate and interact with broad functional areas (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance) to develop and execute monthly demand plans.
- BA/BS in Engineering or Business
- 7-10 years’ experience working as a demand planner/sales forecaster.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, ERP systems, MRP systems, word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Experience working with forecasting processes and software (Sales & Material levels).
- Experience working within the Supply Chain field.
- Experience with manufacturing is desired.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.).
- Self-motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 20% of time.