As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Gene Expression Sales Representative
Based in UK
Are you passionate about making a difference and want to be an important part of a strong commercial team working together to help our customers make the world a better place? At Thermo Fisher Scientific, what you will do will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. This is a great opportunity if you have a strong scientific background within Molecular Biology combined with experience from and passion for sales.
We are looking for our new Gene Expression Technical Senior Sales Specialist (Gex TSS) for our Life Science Solutions Group/Genetic Analysis Division. You will be responsible for driving and supporting the direct sales of the Gene Expression consumables portfolio. With your proactive and team-oriented personality together with your confident communication skills, we know you will be a great support for our customers. You will be driving the business strategies in the territory, forecasting, and providing marketing/competitive feedback while always ensuring customer satisfaction. No doubt you are results oriented and highly motivated to succeed. You operate on a high compliance level and have excellent work ethics, always with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Meet or exceed business goals of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s commercial targets for the territory.
• Drive the tactical implementation of the business plan – including sales to new accounts, successful introduction of new products, and the retention of current customer at highest rate.
• Partner with different departments such as, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Finance, Product Management and Marketing in order to ensure the effective cross-functional implementation of products and execution management of significant opportunities.
• Negotiate contracts/quotations within the guidelines by considering competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin.
• Successfully position Thermo Fisher’s solutions to address performance, workflow and customer’s budget requirements.
• Drive existing users to greater system utilization by leveraging latest protocols, system enhancements, education, seminars and support.
• Utilizes product and application knowledge across the Thermo Fisher Scientific portfolio to successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of all Gene Expression related products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
We believe you have:
• A strong understanding of molecular biology principles, methods and applications, such as Microarray, quantitative real-time PCR and Next-Generation-Sequencing.
• Experience in application based workflow sales principles.
• Master’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; (PhD is desirable but not essential) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Experience in presenting both technical and sales related material.
• A high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
• The ability to compile and analyze customer feedback.
• The right personality to work in a team environment and influence/motivate other team members.
• Willingness to travel extensively within region
• Fluent English language, additional European language advantageous
• Clean drivers license
What we offer:
· A career in an international company with a global impact
· Be part of exciting projects to improve human condition
· Development through continuous learning
· Cooperation with driven colleagues across business areas
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.