As Sr. Manager, Global Brand Design for Thermo Fisher Scientific, this position works across the organization to build brand equity, solve creative challenges and drive marketing innovation. This role partners with Divisions and internal agencies on the design and development of creative strategy and marketing materials across multiple channels and disciplines. Work includes brand guidelines, customer experiences, creative concepting, trade shows, online and offline graphic design.
The Sr. Manager, Global Brand Design is an ambassador for design strategy & thought leadership, synthesizing user research and insights and developing new concepts in collaboration with cross-functional teams. This leader builds internal capacity for design thinking by developing a curriculum, leading sessions and assembling best practices to share across the organization. Essential to this role is the ability to craft strategic creative responses based on insights and the ability to inspire clients with ideas. This position bridges the gap between the client challenge (understanding, insights and business objectives) and the creative ideas that solve these challenges.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets and evolves the strategic creative direction for Thermo Fisher Scientific. Working with the Sr. Director, Brand, the role provides expertise in brand visual ID, brand voice, brand architecture (visual, positioning), brand strategy for global trade shows, videos and digital campaigns.
- Oversees the direction and development of company-level brand standards & styleguides
- Champions brand positioning at every point of contact, upholding integrity of creative standards
- Supports Marketing and business team leadership in the evaluation, development and refinement of strategic brand communications at the individual project, program and selling-system levels
- Supports other corporate functions with both strategic and tactical concept development and implementation.
- Teams with communications colleagues in focusing and translating business partner needs into smart, measurable creative strategies
- Contributes strategic ideas and innovative thinking to enable business objectives
- Enables development of fresh, compelling creative concepts that elevate the Thermo Fisher Scientific customer experiences and brand
- Ensures copy and design is benefit driven and portrays Thermo Fisher “voice"
- Actively contributes higher-level ideas and messaging that positions and differentiates Thermo Fisher apart in the industry
- Teams with operations and functional team managers to refine workflow processes to better meet high-volume, high quality program demand
- Keeps apprised of changes at Thermo Fisher including insight into industry, competitive, target audience and marketplace changes that affect brand direction and strategy
- Builds strong, collaborative business partnerships with key clients, colleagues and our external agencies
- 10-15 years of progressive strategic & production experience in an agency and industry
- Strong design capabilities including visual ID, brand standards, brand voice, concepting & storyboarding
- Demonstrated results in brand strategy, marketing campaign development & execution (creative)
- Proven ability to develop, design and execution branding changes for a large, global company
- Extensive experience & engagement with external brand & marketing agencies
- Comfort in leading strategic and tactical discussions at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage projects from concepting to program completion
- Obsessed with brand compliance and ensures all recommendations follow guidelines
- Solid collaboration skills working with internal and external clients
- Familiarity with life sciences, clinical diagnostics and applied markets - or similar industry
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time