Engineer III, Software Quality Assurance
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This is a hands-on Software Quality Assurance position that will be responsible for the testing and quality of multi-tiered e-Commerce solution. The candidate for this position will work in an Agile environment with development, Project Management and multiple Business partners and will be responsible for design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for enterprise class web-based eCommerce applications. The job will also include, Collaborating with the Agile development team, test planning, manual and automation testing, defect logging/verification, and review of requirements and use-cases. The role will lead the effort to build new test frameworks and or extend existing frameworks. The role promotes QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5years of experience with Agile Scrum testing methodologies, and SDLC process
- Working Test knowledge into automation frameworks, exposure to various industry tools of automation across web, mobile and services. Plus for working knowledge of BDD (cucumber) frameworks
- 2+ years of working knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language such as Java and/or python.
- Strong understanding of XML, JSON, HTML, NoSQL DB (MongoDB) as well as relational databases
- Strong Selenium understanding and skills are a must.
- Nice to have: Knowledge of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, source code version control system such as GIT
- Test management tools (ALM) as well as Jira(Atlassian suite).
- Basic understanding of AWS Cloud services (S3, EC2, RDS, etc)
- Web Services\\XML\\ESB\\REST.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and shell scripting a plus
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides specialized training and technical guidance.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Experience with Content Management, commerce and Search systems.
- Requires a familiarity with testing web-based eCommerce Applications.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in Fast-paced environment.
- Design and execute automated and manual test cases to support our Global eCommerce Applications based on functional requirements using software engineering and QA practices. Ensure products meet or exceed the specified standards , acceptance criteria and end-user requirements.
- Actively participate and contribute to defining test scope, coverage, and overall strategy for projects.
- Participate in Backlog grooming and proving LOE
- Perform Positive/Negative/Integration/Regression/Automation/Browser Compatibility Tests
- Provide feedback on usability, report bugs relating to the application, verify bug fixes provided by developers, and take appropriate action based on the correctness of the bug fixes.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail are essential, as is the ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Exposure to ERP systems
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.