When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Risk Management Coordinator is responsible for a variety of activities related to the insurance and EHS programs at Thermo Fisher. These include: managing activities related to the fleet safety program, maintaining and updating department databases and records, serving as a administrator for IT applications, assisting with certificates of insurance, generating metrics and preparing reports.
- Manage the fleet safety program under the direction of EHS Director including; (1) checking motor vehicle records (MVR) and elevating MVRs that do not meet standards; (2) enrolling employees into the drivers safety program training modules; (3) maintaining drivers safety program access database and email mailbox; (4) tracking completion of drivers safety program training modules and/or return of paperwork for MVR review; and (5) developing relationships with the Fleet Sourcing Manager, HR managers, and fleet coordinators throughout the company.
- Support the Safety, Health and Environmental Database (SHED) including; (1) monitoring data integrity and ensuring that sites are entering data in a timely manner; (2) using the system to generate metrics and reports; and (3) providing training and an orientation to new users.
- Act as a system administrator for the MSDSonline software
- Exercise primary responsibility for maintaining the company’s records as they relate to insurance policies such as; (1) maintaining complete records for each type of insurance including applications, binders, polices, correspondence and subsequent endorsements; (2) converting historical polices into electronic form when necessary and; (3) integrating policies from each acquisition into the department system.
- Assist the Vice-President of Risk Management with powerpoint presentations and curate underwriter presentations.
- Support the Risk Incident notification process including; (1) tracking incidents as they are reported; (2) following up on the status of corrective actions; and (3) gathering and maintaining statistics around the program.
- Work with the EHS Directors to generate EHS Matters newsletters and liaison with Corporate Communications on the formatting and distribution process.
- Coordinate EHS webinars and other learning activities.
- Organize workers’ compensation claims reviews including maintaining distribution lists for EHS and HR participants.
- Assist internal and external customers by obtaining certificates of insurance to meet contractual obligations, facilitating the processes to renew and or obtain insurance certificates, managing processes to ensure all certificates are current and renewed appropriately, and acting as a liaison between customers and insurance brokers to ensure certificates are received and accurate.
- Work with insurance broker and internal staff/business units to manage the annual renewal of 10,000 certificates each year.
- Manage the process of getting new users onto Aonline, training new users on the system and supporting them with Aonline questions as needed.
- Assume primary responsibility for the Waltham CPR/AED training program and coordinating the emergency evacuation plan.
- Plan department and EHS council meetings and provide support to the EHS Directors with respect to EHS conferences.
- Act as document coordinator for EHS and Risk Management corporate documents, policies and procedures
- Manage the department’s Staples account and supply budget
- Maintain an up-to-date list of Global EHS Contacts
- Must have strong computer related skills
- High level of proficiency in MS office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
- Travel is generally not required (0-5%)
- An Associates Degree or Bachelors degree is preferred
- 3-5 years experience in the field of EHS or insurance is preferred
- Strong communication skills (oral/written), problem solving, ability to work independently or in a group setting
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.