Job ID :
Germany - Germering
- Developing technical documentation for lab automation software for different audiences
- Perform research, writing, and maintenance of Help systems, installation and configuration guides, and customized documentation.
- Work closely with software development teams in Germany and United Kingdom, and localization teams in Japan and China.
- Strong analytical skills, and excellent English writing and editing skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly in a variety of styles, including extensive knowledge of grammar, style and spelling.
- Cooperate with service providers to ensure on-time delivery of translations and printed documentation.
- Translations English-German and vice versa
- Terminology work
- Assist team in developing global technical writing processes.
- Degree in Technical Communication, Computer Science, Chemistry (Instrumental Analysis (GC, MS, HPLC)), or related field with an emphasis on technical documentation, or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a technical writer in a software-development environment
- Developing translation-oriented technical documentation for different audiences
- Solid knowledge of relevant authoring tools (e.g., Adobe RoboHelp) and graphics design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Working experience with a content management system
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Solid knowledge of ISO/IEC standards, etc.
- Basic knowledge of developing and structuring content using XML-based authoring tools
- Ability to organize information, learn complex concepts, and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely
- Excellent project and time management skills. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop and maintain own schedule
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and experience with working in a cross-cultural team and over different time zones
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of a European foreign language
- Basic knowledge of instrumental analytics (HPLC, GC, MS)
- Knowledge of translation memory tools (Across Translation Memory, SDL Trados)
- Programming experience
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation.