When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Become the key BI resource for the Chemical Analysis division, supporting multiple business units.
- Gather stakeholder input and determine optimal solution to meet needs.
- Collaborate with internal experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Manage projects from beginning to end, defining project plans, budgets, resource requirements and schedules.
- Knowledge of data warehouse and reporting “best practice” models, techniques and processes
- Experience with data extraction tools and processes for a wide variety of source systems - SAP, SFDC, Infor are a few.
- Proficient with relational database, report, and dashboard design and development.
- Ability to learn new tools, systems quickly and independently.
- Ability to analyze data to get at the root cause of issues (ie reporting logic, process issues, data entry errors, etc) and communicate findings to the business as well as educating the end users to be self sufficient.
- Identify, develop, and implement programs to increase user adoption and awareness on BI solutions
- Contribute to BI strategies and standards.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, equivalent work experience acceptable
- 8+ years of related technical work experience with SQL and database design.
- Experienced in Tableau administration and upgrades
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.