When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Bioproduction Cell Culture
This is a REMOTE position and can be located anywhere.
We are searching for a talented Sr Field Application Scientist will lead technical product specification, application and protocol optimization discussions with clients and prospects for the Cell Culture product portfolio in the Bioproduction Division.
- Schedule and coordinate face to face technical interactions with customers.
- Lead technical product specification, application and protocol optimization discussions with clients and prospects for the Cell Culture product portfolio in the Bioproduction Division (BPD) offering.
- Assist commercial team in identifying customer opportunities, needs, determine technical feasibility of custom media requests and media/process optimization opportunities in consultation with the Global Associate Director of Technical Engagement.
- Serve as the primary field-based technical interface to potential and existing BPD customers
- Provide troubleshooting on issues that arise related to end-User’s technical skills, cell-line selection, experiment design and results of media development/optimization process
- Leverage your advanced and continually expanding knowledge of our Cell Culture and Cell Therapy products & services and the biopharmaceutical development & production process to provide effective recommendations to the customer on Cell-line selection, media selection and optimization, feed & process selection and optimization, and adoption of Gibco Bioproduction services.
- Facilitate efficient communication between Commercial team and headquarters of the business unit and production site in USA through the Global Associate Director of Technical Engagement.
- Participate in training programs for Commercial teams & TMO staff and seminars to external customers to increase customer awareness of the cell culture product line & services, core competencies and increased technical skills of the BPD team
- Collaborate with R&D and provide recommendations on how products can be improved, and also inform product management of new technologies that could complement our existing range from the perspective of identified customer needs
- Maintain awareness of competitor activities and innovations within our accounts, and the marketplace generally, ensuring that relevant information is circulated within our organization in an effective and timely manner.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of industry technical experience in cell culture and process development. Hands-on work experiences in large-scale mammalian cell culture, experience at a pharmaceutical production company preferred.
- Understanding of operations within a cGMP regulatory environment
- Experience in interacting with external clients and ability to present technical content to small and large audiences.
- Ability to work as part of a highly effective team of professionals
- Self-motivated, proactive work ethics. Able to work independently with limited day-to-day supervision of the manager.
- Up to 60% travel will be required.
- Travel will include overnight in US and territories, Mexico, and South America. Some European travel may be required.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Proficiency in Spanish and or Portuguese is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.