Job ID :
US - New Jersey - Swedesboro
- Lead the Priority Solutions International Business Unit, which has locations in Swedesboro, NJ, and Memphis, TN as well as regional transportation offices in England, Switzerland, and Singapore.
- Direct and coordinate all of the activities performed by a cross-functional team, measure business performance on a regular basis while having ultimate responsibility for achieving the Business Unit’s goals and objectives.
- Recommend and define objectives for each area of responsibility. Develop specific short-term and long-range plans and programs as well as support budget requests and financial estimates.
- Evaluate margin and profitability for the business, and ensure appropriate actions are taken to optimize these metrics where practical.
- Review and approve, or develop and submit for approval, plans for the management of operations, quality, budget spending, capital improvements, customer service and human resources.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpretation of results to direct reports to shape actions.
- Ensure Business Unit regulatory compliance for the warehousing and transportation of pharmaceutical products and make recommendations for the improvement of policies and procedures.
- Drive a quality mindset within the business; ensure resources and processes support delivery of high quality and service.
- Foster and maintain a customer focused culture throughout the business and maintain relationships with large customers as the executive sponsor.
- Lead the commercial activities of the business including sales and marketing to deliver profitable growth.
- Work closely with the customer on initiatives to ensure mutually satisfying development, implementation and execution.
- Provides leadership to the team through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Direct, monitor and effectively appraise the performance of all direct reports recommending or providing training and development activities where appropriate.
- Identify resource needs in line with defined strategies to grow and leverage the business
- Select and maintain a qualified team in all directly reporting positions.
- Formulate the long term strategy of the Business Unit and translate that strategy into programs and actions for which responsibility is delegated with oversight and guidance to ensure execution of such programs and actions.
- Maintain awareness of and exercise sound business judgment in areas such as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic environment and related matters.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Cooperate and engage with other leaders within BSD to achieve business unit and divisional goals.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Minimal requirements include a BS/BA or equivalent in business or the sciences with 10 years of pharmaceutical clinical or commercial supply experience and 5 years progressive business management experience.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership, people development skills
- Results- oriented with strong decision making ability.
- Sound administrative skills and well-developed management skills.
- Proven ability to motivate people.
- Participative management style with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with and develop diverse personalities.
- Well developed communication skills.
- Travel as necessary, internationally and domestically, 50%
- Minimum of 15 years progressive experience in logistics, with exposure to freight forwarding, specialty courier, warehousing, and distribution preferred.
- Prior business management experience, to include matrix management, with solid business results and direct management of a P&L.
- Experience in the 3rd Party Logistics industry, with customer and financial responsibility.