Want to lead the way for becoming a digital science company, drive cloud strategy? The objective of this position is to develop and manage portfolio of software products and services that provide value added growth for the business segment. This person will develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities for a growing portfolio of software products and services. This person will develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new software products and services, including cloud software. S/he will be responsible for development of product definition, positioning, pricing and product lifecycle management. Responsibilities include developing market research, leading product management function in new product development teams, managing inventory, pricing, customer communications, support, and revenue forecasts. This position will manage transitioning of products from standalone desktop software to browser based products along with licensing and commercialization models (SaaS) and will manage maintenance and support plans. This position reports to the Product Management Leader in Capillary Electrophoresis Business.
Manage worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams. Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation. Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, formulating and communicating global launch plans including commercialization strategy, public presentations, competitive analysis, forecasting, positioning and training of internal groups, service, support and sales. The selected candidate will lead business aspects of both internally-developed products, as well as those leveraged from external collaborations. Furthermore, our solutions should represent the best thinking of the pioneers of adjacent industries.
The selected candidate will be a strong leader within cross-functional teams developing the right product to fill market needs, and will serve as the customer advocate interacting w/ functional partners including R&D, Program Management, Manufacturing, Market Development, Finance, Customer Services, Quality and Regulatory Associates. The selected candidate will partner closely with the Instrument/Reagent Product Managers and Technical Marketing Specialists to ensure system synergies and optimal customer experiences. The software strategy will be developed and executed in concert with the centrally managed CIO/CSO office- ensuring best practices from one division are shared across all operating groups.
Desired applicants should bring specific experiences in building software development communities, designing software and building scalable architectures as well as SDKs. Some knowledge of Biological sciences and/or genomics is desirable, but not required. An aptitude and interest in learning science including bioinformatics is important. Candidate must possess a track record of success in driving business innovation, product development, building/leading cross functional teams and effective executive level communication.
· Implement business strategy for software, including software as a product or a service, both on premise and cloud
· Lead product definition teams, defining critical product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding business or financial justification with ROI.
· Understand, follow and be accountable for business aspects of LIFE Product Commercialization Process (PCP) for products
· Assess and evaluate competitive landscape – including product offerings.
· Monetize software through direct and indirect economic business models, segregating differentiated value propositions for customer segments
· Accurate market analysis, value proposition and forecasting for new IVD and custom products
· Write business cases communicating global launch plans that include regulatory strategy, reimbursement approach, competitive analysis, forecasting, pricing, positioning and training of internal groups
· Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
Develop customer oriented sales tools and collateral in partnership with market development
· Manage total product lifecycle, setting organizational cadence for retirement, refresh or enhancement of existing products- in concert with software engineering organization
· Contribute globally to the CIO / CSO office as part of larger stakeholder community
· Develop a thorough knowledge of target customer segments, markets and the competition
· Contribute to overarching IT solutions strategy and roadmap
· May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Bachelor's degree in software development or information management and MBA
· 5-8 years’ experience in software Product Management
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
· Track record of success in launching software products and services
· Demonstrated ability to develop business cases, customer and product requirements for strategic and/or complex products, soliciting and integrating Voice of Customer and User Centered Innovation inputs
· Demonstrated experience successfully managing product lines, pricing, and forecasting
· Strong leadership skills within cross functional teams; a demonstrated leader through influence with strong negotiation skills
· Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
· Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
· Organized with strong project management skills
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
· Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others; team-first attitude
· Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
· Adept with software development life cycle methodologies and software technologies
· Experience with validated and regulated markets is a plus
Works in an office environment. 25% travel (domestic and international) is required on periodic basis.