Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Position Summary: Learn and review electrical and automation processes, giving input for new ideas and equipment designs to insure quality, improve efficiency and reduce costs. Designing the electrical controls for manufacturing processes and equipment including schematics, panel layout, appropriate safety circuits, Bill of Materials, PLC/PC control and develop machine code to control the process. Ensuring that equipment is wired to the schematics, as well as proper function of the equipment. Supporting Manufacturing Engineers in automation/control development and implementation in production processes.
- Understanding of various statistical analysis tools and methods
- Biopharmaceutical, cGMP, FDA and ISO13485 experience a plus
- Lean Manufacturing Methods experience a plus
- Self-motivated and good problem solving skills using investigative tools (5 Why, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analysis, 8D, etc.)
- Familiar with engineering standards, testing, SPC and FMEAs
- Good technical writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Understanding of DOE, FEA and associated software tools.
- Capability in Solid Works CAD software. Solid Works Essentials Training Certificate
- Ability to respond to production issues as needed on 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Good communication, interpersonal and interdepartmental coordination skills
- Willingness to travel as required (<10% anticipated)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing production