About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
The Agile Coach will be focused on the following areas of responsibility:
- Educate Colleagues: The Agile Coach will educate employees at all levels on Agile principles, providing them with tools for implementing the process in their own work. The Coach provides training sessions and teaches valuable skills during the execution of ongoing daily operational processes that lead toward the adoption of Agile methodologies.
- Mentor Team: As a mentor, the Agile Coach is responsible for guiding scrum teams on Agile methodology, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions. He or she will provide hands-on support to all roles on the scrum team, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement.
Support the product owner, scrum master and team with facilitative coaching activities, as they:
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team to track performance
- Conduct sprint planning, retrospective, and sprint demos
- Groom the backlog
- Plan the release
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Remove impediments, which could require reaching out to larger company network
- Conduct retrospectives and identify improvements to be made
- Implement Agile Adoption Strategy: The Agile Coach is responsible for implementing a strategy for the organizational adoption of Agile. This includes every stage of adoption, from the introduction of Agile and employee education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to establishing and sustaining Agile scrum methodologies. The coach must effectively communicate strategy, approach, status and impacts to individuals and leaders at all levels, and continually assess teams and offer strategies for improvement.
- Implement Agile Methodology: This task entails implementing Agile process, principles and practices across all levels in the Digital Technology Delivery organization. The Agile Coach must establish, use and maintain tools and techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation. In order to do this, the Agile Coach must embody the Agile principles and lead by example.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years' experience in a similar/complementary role (Coaching or Scrum Master)
- 8+ years’ experience managing highly complex and visible projects in a large organization with at least 4+ years using Agile project management principles and practices in a Scrum Master role
- Experience with agile tools such as the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.), VersionOne, etc.
- Scrum Master Certification and/or other Agile practitioner certifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- Change management experience and skills, in terms of recognizing barriers and impacts, and facilitating the change process with other leaders and individual contributors
- Proven track record in software delivery using agile methodologies in a Scrum Master role – Scrum, Kanban, XP, Feature driven development, etc
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Implementations of systems using Cloud technology, RESTful Microservices & Cloud architecture
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering/related field or equivalent experience