This role is designed to ensure complete customer satisfaction in all areas related to mechanical systems in our product range. To ensure that products are developed in a timely manner on agreed timelines and to budget.
- Design for manufacture mechanical systems and assemblies to be fit-for-purpose as defined by customer and quality engineering standards and statutory requirements.
- Use “Design for Manufacture” (DFM) tools where possible to minimise defects that can result in re-work, scrap or operational failure leading to higher costs-of-sale (COS), high warranty costs, payment retentions or product returns.
- Create controlled and traceable electronic production drawings and BOMs, including revisions and controlled hardcopies (production red folders) as required to the standards as required by the quality engineering system and design for manufacture processes. Ensure approved drawings and BOMs and correct revisions are used for manufacture.
- Wherever possible, us and maintain commonality/modularity across product design components and assemblies to minimise “one-offs” thus reducing part numbers, obsolescence, lead-times, cost and product support needs whilst keeping “100% customised” solution and high quality.
- Prepare and provide team support for design drafting for new product development, sales solutions and manufacture and ensure sufficient information is provided for accurate and quality manufacture and installation (system layout and detailed drawings and schematics).
- Prepare and maintain engineering design calculations as required for product design verification and for safety purposes.
- Assist materials supply, planning and production as required to ensure suitable and quality product supply with minimal re-work and scrap. Inspect manufacture and assembly as required to ensure correctness and use information gained for improving the design and speeding up the design process.
- Draft documentation & contribute in a timely manner, drawings and information to aid generation of product user and technical manuals.
- Visit customer sites to support the sales effort & gather data to be able to complete the conceptual designs required for the job.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline (mechatronics, mechanical and electronics)
- Good mastery and ability to design sample handling and fluid transport systems (flow systems)
- Good mastery of mechanical manufacturing assembly drawings and data
- The ability to be able to design draft using AutoCAD and Solid Works, or similar packages
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Computer skills with the Windows operating system using office applications
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities within established deadlines
- Hands-on approach and technical know-how
- Excellent work ethic