How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety of our business lines, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of complex projects you can’t find anywhere else.
The Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Accounts is a “player-coach” role providing analytical support for the Corporate Account Segment teams. Responsible for driving business decisions through effective analysis and communication with the Corporate Accounts leadership team as well as, standardization and efficiencies amongst our internal processes. This role will report to the Sr. Director and sit on the CA Finance & Sales Operations Leadership Team. This role will support primarily our Global Bio Pharma, Industrial and EU Segments.
What will you do?
Our Finance team contributes ideas that fuel our performance and advance company-wide strategy. Finance is directly linked to the health of Thermo Fisher Scientific, and our work allows our business and functional leaders to make the educated, sound decisions that drive our mission and make us a stable, trusted organization. As a Sr. Finance Manager, you will lead a team to provide analytical support for the corporate account teams by:
- Analyzes and reports on programs, customer and division activity (revenue, profitability, savings/value delivered) on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis to the CA Leadership Team, other levels of management within Thermo Fisher and to our customer environments.
- Establishes and improves performance metrics to assist with business evaluation and decision-making; Measures vs. actual targets. Ensures the accurate compilation, timely reporting, and analysis of data.
- Leading the development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecast processes for Corporate Accounts revenue. Continuously improve closing, planning, forecasting, and other financial processes.
- Supports the strategic planning process for each of our corporate accounts by analyzing current business relationship and identifying and quantifying potential new areas of business. Supports the evaluation of accounts for addition to the Corporate Accounts program.
- Leads the development of corporate-wide proposals and incentives structured to gain customer share of wallet. Reviews proposals with cross-divisional commercial and finance leadership to ensure support of the program. Responsible for tracking progress against the incentive programs and communicating results to the Divisions. Actively participates in key business decisions and contract reviews/negotiations.
- Owns and continuously develops database strategies that support our customer programs, partnering with the Thermo Fisher IT organization.
- Champion PPI and lean transformation. Actively drive productivity and the continuous improvement culture.
- Recruits, retains and develops a high-performing Finance team.
- Travel up to 10%; this role will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
How will you get here?
- You have a Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant area; MBA preferred
- You have at least 7-10 years of progressive finance experience; previous supervisory experience preferred
- You possess advanced analytical capabilities with proven financial modeling skills utilizing MS Excel, MS Access and Oracle
- You can communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels of the organization
- You thrive in a matrixed environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams developing strong relationship at all levels within an organization.
- You keep an eye toward continuous improvement with a successful track record of optimizing processes
- You can juggle multiple projects and execute them successfully
- Commercial and manufacturing background with in-depth knowledge of financial planning and analysis and deal economics.
- Individual must possess high level of integrity and ethics, strong business acumen, and well-developed analytical skills. Must have hands-on high-energy style with focus on results.
- Teamwork-oriented with collaborative style.
- Experience partnering with IT to drive system projects from planning to implementation. Knowledge of Tableau, SAP and COGNOS a plus
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead others to a high standard of performance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.