When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, provides supply chain services and chemical raw materials to life science companies, with an emphasis on biomanufacturing. Our clients range in size from startups researching the next life-saving medicines to major commercial manufacturers.
The Inside Sales Account Manager is responsible for working with the Inside Sales Manager to develop a new sales territory. This will support incoming customer inquiries for a designated region and engage with more strategic customers that are not assigned to outside Chemical Sales Specialists. This person will be responsible for these activities in all Production Chemical Channel facilities with a primary focus on the West Coast. Primary customers may include pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, R&D, cGMP, general electronic, semiconductor, advanced materials, medical device, environmental, and research universities. This role offers a one-year rotational program giving Account Managers the opportunity to spend time with business leaders through all functions of the Production Chemical and Logistics team to have a full understanding of the business. This position may develop into an Outside Account Manager role with a requirement to relocate personal residence to the territory in which Company needs representation.
- Manage customer calls, quote inquiries, product inquiries, documentation requirements within a specified region to further Life Sciences and Advanced Technology business.
- Engage directly with potential clients in a designated region to increase customer engagement and grow the territory focusing on meeting an assigned AOT.
- Using the company sales philosophy and vendor/product portfolio, identify, develop and influence:
- Key decision makers
- Processes employed at customer and match them to our chemical products & services needed to fulfill the processes
- Customer issues, problems, challenges, and activity cost centers where our service or portfolio of products can make an impact
- Negotiation skills to determine competitive pricing
- Maintaining an up-to-date working knowledge of products, services, newly developing technologies and manufacturing practices.
- Use knowledge and understanding of the Company’s operational processes, market position, and competition to identify and qualify leads, prospects, and incoming inquiries that fit our strategic objectives.
- Engage with Existing Suppliers, Fisher Scientific, and the BioProduction Division to support client needs through our supply chain services.
- Prepare quotes and related documentation, and maintain updated customer profile information in our Salesforce CRM (Customer Resource Management) System.
- Develop and deliver sales and technical presentations through our WebEx platform to develop deeper customer relationships.
- Develop new business utilizing selling strategies both direct and through collaboration with other business units.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience in appropriate specialty (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, or Biology).
- A strong understanding and fluency in chemistry and/or the pharmaceutical industry to be able to serve as a resource for customers and effectively present information to engineers, managers, and supply chain personnel.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), Email, and Website Analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences.
- 2+ years of previous sales experience
- Ability to effectively interact with other disciplines within the Company such as Marketing, Customer Service, Sales Support, and other selling divisions.
- Ability to appropriately represent Company to internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, spreadsheet, and creative skills.
- Experience in Cold Calling along with strategies for customer acquisition.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.