The Director of Procurement will guide the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) Procurement team in all aspects of direct procurement. The Director of Procurement supports $1.8B in revenue and 28 manufacturing sites across the globe. Directing a forward thinking Global Procurement team of professionals, the individual’s responsibility includes strategic vision, operational planning and execution. He/she will guide a team of Managers with Procurement professionals deployed in NA/EU/APAC. He/she is responsible for sourcing and procurement processes, systems and results across the Division to include strategy development and implementation, common process definition and deployment, procurement organizational development and leadership and delivery to support the company’s business model, strategies and financial operating plans.
The Director of LCP Procurement will continue the Company’s evolution in best practice procurement capabilities and organizational development. Procurement activities will be driven from a global perspective to continue to maximize leverage and overall effectiveness of supply.
The successful candidate for this role is a dynamic, high energy leader with a track record as an effective communicator and uses a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Establish and implement short and long term organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures
- Responsible and accountable for their AOP
- Drive all key performance metrics
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Represent Procurement and Sourcing on the Divisional Operations Leadership Team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Materials Management, Business Logistics or a related area or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in purchasing / inventory planning with at least five or more years of experience managing Managers.
- Expertise in Purchasing, Supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
- Dynamic, high energy leader with a track record as an effective communicator and uses a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Persuasive leader with strong influencing skills.
- Superior analytical and computer skills with experience utilizing analytical tools (MS Access and SQL Server preferred) and databases along with an in-depth understanding of manufacturing (MPS/MRP…).
- Results oriented, metrics driven leader with a root cause, permanent fix approach, continuous improvement approach.
- Must have experience and be comfortable in a highly structured/procedural environment.
- 5-20% travel.