When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Management and coordination of various data sources and/or customer facing programs including:
- Internal and external procedures to support best in class processes
- Internal and external customer reports
- Customer procurement and financial systems
- Work in conjunction with technical staffing to review product specifications.
- Interface with Site Managers to identify knowledge indicators important to their customers, provide suggestions and/or recommendations driven from data analyses.
- Interface with Customers routinely at the Management and Director level.
- Interface with colleagues from Fisher Scientific.
- Participate in preparation and/or presentation of routine reporting and analysis requirements as well as quarterly customer business reviews, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for customer account improvement.
- Perform analysis and industry benchmarking/trending.
- Asset/Material obsolescence and replacement planning support.
- Identify, develop and drive continuous improvement to methods of providing customers with data necessary to make informed business decisions and which reinforce the value of the Unity Lab Service products.
- Provide input to Practical Process Improvement Managers in developing and prioritizing project pipelines.
- Recommends alternative courses of action to drive Data to Knowledge initiative.
- Work independently under the direction of the Site Manager.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned client.
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources.
- Develop and execute strategies and plans to convert product to alternate suppliers within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities.
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services.
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management.
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager.
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry.
- Minimum of 1-2 years professional experience in at least one of the following disciplines required: business analytics, financial analysis and modeling.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Data mining, report writing experience.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred.
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations.
- Strong financial analysis and data modeling skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Advance Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Microsoft Access or similar relational database knowledge.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in Life Science industry preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.