When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Assists in organizing the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards for UnityTM Lab Services. Provides functional supervision to team members by performing site coverage as needed. May assist in the cross training of associates and the training of new hires.
- Under the direction of the Site Manager:
- Facilitates and directs team meetings
- Identifies training and site service personnel skills enhancement opportunities and reports to the supervisor.
- Collects time cards and check for completeness prior to submission to the supervisor.
- Assists with preparing performance appraisals for site personnel.
- Reviews site employee errors and trains/coaches so potential errors are eliminated.
- Provides daily on-going training
- Directs the workflow of the team in support of contractual obligations and in line with established best practices.
- Assists with data collection, report generation and site metric development in support of contractual obligations and best practice methodologies.
- Meets with customers proactively to determine their needs. Informs site employees of special customer requirements, resolves problems and keeps employees informed of corrective action.
- Acts as subject matter expert to answer employee, customer and sales representative’s questions and resolve problems. Expertise should include:
- Detailed knowledge of customer pricing agreements and relevant systems
- Work instructions
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Best Practices
- Embraces PPI methodologies.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross functional team.
- Performs daily duties of a Senior Site Specialist, Site Specialist or Site Technician.
- Answer customer questions and responds to/resolves problems.
- Provides technical support to customer and specialists regarding special systems, products or procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Sourcing/Order Management:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Chemical Management:
- Desktop delivery of chemicals throughout facility and stockroom.
- Follow all safety guidelines related to the handling and movement of chemicals.
- Must possess a High School Diploma, College/University Degree preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Demonstrates basic leadership concepts.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.