The purpose of this position is to provide specialist product expertise and technical support to develop key customer relationships and achieve sales metrics and business growth targets. Whilst operating in a highly competitive market environment, the role has responsibility for marketing, presentations, demonstrations, increasing market share and achieving annual sales targets.
- Working closely with new and existing clients to determine their present and future needs and proposing suitable products, services and upgrades in order to maintain and grow revenue for the organisation
- In conjunction with the Category and Product managers, contribute to the development of marketing strategies for the product group including the identification of new business opportunities so that profitable portfolio and business growth is achieved
- Partner with other Product Specialists and field sales to identify new business opportunities and close sales
- Gain a strong understanding of the customer's requirements and application needs on a technical level so as to ensure the most suitable solution is being proposed.
- As required, liaise with Product Management to ensure inventory and product forecasting targets are met and customer/marketing expectations are achieved.
- Provide sales support to both field sales and customers including product demonstrations for customers at client sites or in house demonstration facilities. In some instances assist in product installation and provide first line technical application & support, escalating to technical support group where needed
- Work with Technical team to resolve customer technical issues to high customer satisfaction
- Attend regular sales meetings and communicate sales issues to the field sales team
- Work with internal marketing and product managers to prepare marketing collateral, advertising campaigns and competitor analysis
- Maintain company property according to company policy, including but not limited to: Goods on approval (GOA) stock, company vehicle, telephones, computer and other material deemed company property
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or related discipline is essential
- Sales professional with experience in a technical sales role
- Technical understanding of product and markets
- Strong understanding of the Sales process with demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Scientific and commercial expertise
- High standard of computer literacy
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to build strong relationships with staff, customers and suppliers and pass on required knowledge, gaining their confidence and co-operation
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise based upon key result areas, and to manage time effectively meeting agreed deadlines
- Initiative taker with the ability to work autonomously, and display an enthusiastic, energetic & positive attitude
- Ability to identify and be involved in cross marketing opportunities within the adviser client bases.
- Results orientated with strong problem solving skills
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximise business opportunities, profitability and customer potential
Other Important Information
- As this position requires time on the road, a current driving licence is a prerequisite
- An ability to travel to attend training sessions/conferences/occasional activities is necessary