For our Transplant Diagnostics Division we are looking for an Europe Commercial Manager Transplant Diagnostics.
The role is home office based within Europe
Sales activities include working directly with end users and channel partners across Europe to prospect and close new laboratory and health system business, maintain and grow existing laboratory accounts, and see that channel partner logistics and support are in place in specified markets to facilitate efficient and effective pull-through.
Additionally, it is expected that this position will work with other commercial departments to support technical and sales inquiries, tradeshows, technical training workshops, clinical workshops, transplant symposiums, and overall business development for Transplant Diagnostics (TDX). Furthermore, this position will assist to collect, analyze, and research scientific publications in transplantation to identify new and essential educational opportunities in the region.
It is expected that this position will manage, develop, and maintain good and productive relationships with members of the HLA and Transplantation Community including the global trade societies. Through planned activities and relationships within the trade, this position will be responsible for building and keeping a positive image of the business to the European global transplant community.
This position partners with the other managers within the TDX team to define and implement the vision for the department, works with the staff to develop and implement new channel partners, support initiatives, and ensure policies and procedures are followed. The position reports directly to the Senior Manager of International Sales. This position encompasses the management of finances; i.e., budgeting, staff human resources issues, regulatory market needs, strategic planning and overall fiscal performance of the European region.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and guide the implementation of short and long term commercial strategies to ensure achievement of the company’s business objectives in Europe.
- In support of these strategies, develop the necessary go-to-market initiatives and tactics. These may include, but are not limited to: channel partner management, key account management, and vertical market development.
- Meet and/or exceed annual growth targets.
- Travel is frequent, at approximately 50% of total time.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key European customers and channel partners.
- Establish and lead an effective on-going sales leadership process engaging all sales (commercial and technical) and channel partner leaders responsible for Europe.
- Work collaboratively with all Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions, to leverage a total Thermo Fisher Scientific experience.
- A working clinical knowledge of Transplant Diagnostics products and HLA-related fields.
- A four year college degree in Biological Sciences, preferably Molecular Biology or Molecular Diagnostics and proven expertise in an HLA laboratory
- Familiar with the general concepts, practices and procedures inherent in the field of Histocompatibility and Transplantation required.
- Advanced training or certification in Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics testing is desirable, Certified Histocompatibility Specialist, CHS, American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI) or EFI, preferred.
- Strong leadership skills - a self-directed, results-oriented individual possessing a balance of business and life science acumen, people, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong listening and interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written presentation communication skills
- Fluent written and verbal skills in English
- Provide commercial and technical support through regional visits to channel partners and accounts in an assigned region.
- Trip follow-up to include written reports, researching customer inquiries, sending product samples, and generating quotes as necessary.
- Attend symposiums and seminars. Disseminate and collect market data in region from customers and channel partners.
- Strengthen brand identity by facilitating in-country workshops, demonstrations, and learning sessions across product lines.
- Formulate and guide the implementation of short and long term commercial strategies to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Support International Sales with commercial support activities to all channel partners and customers (quarterly distributor reports (sales, marketing prospects, use of products, customer lists, customer needs, and competitor activities) and distributor strategy, pricing strategy, end user pricing, market-share analysis))
- Manage, review, analyze, and report the performance of the European region on a monthly basis, including targeted goals, productivity, and initiatives.
- Develop fiscal year annual operating budget for submission to the department of International Sales. Measure performance monthly and develop/implement performance improvement plans as needed.
- Participate in strategic planning and program planning for the region.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures within the International Sales Department.