Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 57,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Field Service Engineer is a field based position that is responsible for customer support activities, with a focus on preventative and corrective maintenance of instrumentation. The successful candidate must have the ability to utilize proven troubleshooting processes to diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of electromechanical instruments. The ability to manage service call scheduling, parts inventory and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision is required. Additional responsibilities include; customer relationship management, written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal technical support personnel, manufacturing, and sales. The Field Service Engineer will represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- 2-3 years of field service expereince
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Associate’s Degree with applicable related experience
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve problems on electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a scientific laboratory environment.
- Must possess basic software skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Provides periodic reports to management including compilations of customer complaints, trend analyses, and suggestions for improvement.
- Reviews available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current laboratory practices and procedures.
- Provides on-site product installation and customer training, on an as-needed basis.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Up to 80% travel may be required to meet customer needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with Anatomical Pathology instrumentation.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems / networking instrumentation.
- Experience with optical instrumentation.