When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How You Will Make a Difference.
Responsible for day to day achievement of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity goals (SQDIP). Guides and supervises Cell Leaders and Team Members. Drives the implementation of PPI-Lean Enterprise and utilizes PPI Problem Solving methodology to improve all processes by eliminating waste.
What You Will Get to Do.
· Leads day-to-day activities within the Value Stream to ensure swift and accurate completion of customer orders
· Develops high performing teams and associates.
· Participates in fact-based analysis with VSM Team to create current state Value Stream map of the end-to-end Value Stream. Manages projects to a future state Value Stream map that uses Lean techniques to eliminate waste and improve processes
· Provides leadership direction to cell leaders and team members of designated Value Stream alongside providing the training and guidance necessary to enable the employees to improve their own abilities and skill levels
· Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, scheduling and organizing work assignments within the company policies and procedures.
· Maintain associates files in the areas of attendance, productivity, and quality and provide regular reviews and counseling where required.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness among associates. Maintains excellent housekeeping practices through 5S implementation with appropriate audits
· 2+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 1 year in a leadership capacity
· Bachelor’s degree in business management or engineering strongly preferred, high school education and equivalent work experience may substitute
· Must possess a technical aptitude and knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques in a Lean manufacturing environment
· Understanding or working knowledge of other business functions (Materials, Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality
· Experienced with OEM customer demands and responsiveness
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Experience with low volume, highly complex manufacturing processes.
Relocation assistance has not been approved for this role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com