When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Product Conversion Specialist is dedicated to identifying product savings opportunities, supporting Sales with implementing conversion programs and tracking these programs in order to meet customer expectations. This position will routinely work cross functionally with Finance, E-Business and Marketing in order to provide continued support to RSD Sales and customers. The successful candidate will have product knowledge but also be engaged in operations through significant commercial interactions with internal teams.
- Evaluate and recommend products that are appropriate substitutes for other products (create cross reference of products) by leveraging scientific expertise.
- Recommend product categories where scientists would consider an alternative product in order to save time or money.
- Validate the appropriateness of products that are identified as potential alternatives.
- Develop and maintain cross referencing data and tools to facilitate standardization, sales and margin optimization strategies.
- Collaborate with Finance to identify new customers as well as perform data quality checks to ensure accuracy of customer pricing and savings and margin calculations.
- Support the Sales team by preparing materials to present the recommendations and savings opportunities to the customer and then ensure Sales is prepared to deliver the material to the customer.
- Provide updates relative to program progress and success metrics as needed for internal and external business reviews.
- Identify missed opportunities and further drive customer compliance by providing Field Sales with the appropriate resources and tools to work directly with end-users on conversions.
- Leverage the Cross Reference Services tools to identify cross references needed to implement conversion programs. Complete additional cross referencing if needed and ensure crosses are loaded into systems.
- Bachelors of Science degree.
- 2+ years laboratory experience.
- Broad knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and consumables.
- Familiarity with major laboratory supply brands, both internal and external to company.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products and an ability to quickly grasp new software tools.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with data analysis and reporting.
- Proficiency with Excel required and Cognos.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility with priorities.
- Service-oriented work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across a diverse range of colleagues.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.