Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies.
Channel Manager Biosciences Division (BID)
Position Summary: Lead the Channel Management for all the LatAm regions, from a distributor management and selection processes.
The main objectives are to develop and implement a consistent Distributor Performance Management process and metrics including: revenue and forecast processes, funnel management, organizational set up to fulfill business needs, market development, demand generation and regulatory as well as to ensure full legal and compliance. This role needs to understand the regional and divisional strategies and adapt the program to contribute to deliver the expected results. Build a very clear, comprehensive and actionable plan and operating mechanism to achieve the grow targets for the business.
- Design a plan for Go To Market for BID where both: Coverage and Specialization are 100% fulfilled. Establish general rules for distributors on territory assignment, product bag and overall positioning. This activity is to be done in conjunction with the regional leader. Main objective is to over achieve AOP.
- Develop and implement a standardized process for: 1. Funnel management – deep understanding, assignation of opportunities, dispute resolution and 2. Forecasting for all distributors in the region – drive AOP achievement, raise/escalate issues and ask for help.
- Detect and document plans regarding distributor development opportunities such as: technical/portfolio training, marketing and sales tools support, plans to outperform competition. Responsible for providing proper support to pre and post sales activities.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or BA
- MBA or Master degree desired.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in channel management or commercial, preferably in the Life Sciences and Clinical/Laboratory industries.
- Previous track record of managing distributors/channel partners, third parties, sales agents.
- Demonstrable skills in Go To Market management, Leadership, Managing & Coaching, Analytical and Administrative Skills.
- Strong English skills essential and excellent verbal and written Spanish skills
- Ability to travel within region up to 60%
- Demonstrated success in working in a complex global matrix environment, including influencing a shared service model.