Technical Sales Specialist (Product Specialist)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
•Prioritizes and manages opportunities across accounts and maintains a strong and healthy pipeline for Gene Expression and Genotyping Business
• Monitors market conditions, has significant understanding of competitive threats and deep understanding of emerging opportunities
• Self-directed, autonomous
• Quick to adapt style as needed and incorporate change into selling strategies
Identifies and qualifies new customer and market opportunities outside of the customer base
• Identifies and actively promotes complete genetic workflow selling
• Train our sales partners on specialized products so they are able to recognize new opportunities in our portfolio
Consistently offers tailored solutions that exceed customer expectations
• Utilizes strong relationships with suppliers to create customized solutions for customer
• Consistently fulfills customer needs and knows which tools are most efficient to resolve the issue
• Exercises personal initiative to ensure all stakeholders understand what is required for successful implementation of solutions
• Understands competitive positions and tactics within accounts and maintains strategies to oppose and prevent competitive threats
• Trains non-specialist reps on specialized products based on changes in product consumption and application in the market
Achieves monthly, quarterly and yearly targets.
• Thrives on beating the competitor
• Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Siebel system and other designated IT tools.
• Utilizes strong relationships with suppliers, generalists and other internal groups to create customized solutions for customer
• Demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills.
• Uses selling expertise to leverage point(s) of agreement to address objections in a way that develops buy-in and commitment for moving forward (master negotiations skills). Rejections/objections typically seen as a challenge to overcome
• Effectively manages price and drives GM thinking, understanding the power of 1%
• Completes quotes on time and in alignment with the forecast.
• Understands competitive positions and tactics pertaining to specialization and develops strategies to oppose and prevent competitive threats
- Degree in a cientific discipline (Biology, genomic, chemistry)
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel 50% of the time
- Commercial/ sales background required.