When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Sales and Operations Analyst for the Bio Production POROS and Pharma Analytics business is responsible for the overall demand management of the PPA business. The Sales and Operations Analyst will operate as the liaison between commercial sales teams and operations teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products. Additionally, this position is responsible for leading monthly demand management process and the integration of the output from this process into the Sales, Inventory and Operation Planning Process (SIOP). Supports and works closely with Sales, Customer, Supply Chain, Operations and the Business Team. Also communicates clearly the progress of weekly/monthly status to internal and external stakeholders, including metrics as supporting data.
- Support the timely and successful delivery of PPA products.
- Responsible for generating monthly and quarterly firm and rolling forecast. Responsible to drive SIOP process which includes sales, production and product management team to align entire demand and supply and generate the consensus forecast.
- Implement and maintain adequate demand sensing techniques & processes to ensure the timely adjustment to supply based on latest business intelligence and actual demand trends
- Schedule and facilitate weekly/monthly reviews with customer(s) on supply chain information and product supply status.
- Responsible for close coordination with other procurement planners in terms of sharing the forecast, issue resolution, and material stocking strategies.
- Responsible for matching the finished product planning with the customer orders/forecast in the ERP system for use in the planning process.
- Schedule and facilitate reviews with the planning team to ensure proper alignment of customer needs and production plans.
- Compile metrics and perform analysis for SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations, and Planning)
- Develops and maintains metrics to track performance and contribution for their area, such as forecast accuracy, on time / in full (OTIF), and days of supply (DOS)
- Communicate with customer service regarding any issues affecting on-time delivery
- Supports an environment that promotes positive communication and interaction between departments.
- Exhibit a passion for improvement and professionalism.
- Actively participate and contribute as member of BPD Supply Chain Organization.
- Drive continuous improvement through PPI project participation and leadership.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable QS, ISO and FDA requirements.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in production planning/scheduling/customer service or a combination of those disciplines.
- General knowledge of Supply Chain procedures (planning, supply management, capacity leveling, product deployment and inventory control).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with an ERP system and common software applications. (SAP or Oracle a plus)
- Proficiency with MS Office products with expertise in Excel
- Experience in analyzing data and production planning
- Excellent Organizational, documentation, and communication skills
- Customer interaction experience
- APICS CPIM
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment