Job ID :
US - New York - Rochester
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a business partnership with Value Stream Leadership to assist in the decision making to achieve desired business results by positively driving accountability of key performance indicators.
- Meet weekly with Value Stream Leadership to review key performance metrics and communicate to management risks or opportunities to the forecast based on trends in the operating results.
- Develop a robust understanding of the cost composition of the value stream P&L to provide guidance to management on cost saving levers.
- Work with the Value Stream team to help quantify cost savings projects, and provide reporting tools to measure execution of year over year cost savings vs. target.
- Partner with the value stream team to develop the financial justification to support business cases for capital investments. Establish a regular meeting schedule with the team to monitor timely execution of capital projects and develop capital forecasts.
- Actively participate in daily operations Gemba meetings on the shop floor. Shadow functional areas within the value stream (engineering, production supervisors, quality, set up personnel and direct labor) to gain a better understanding of the operations.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate the value stream’s actual performance versus budgets and forecasts. Responsible for partnering with value stream leadership and operations finance manager to develop the annual operating plan and monthly forecast.
- Leverage ERP systems to facilitate the daily and weekly reporting of financial metrics and scorecards for the operations team. Provide recommendations to enhance the current reporting tools.
- Perform monthly closing activities including journal entries, accruals, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting Policies and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of progressive finance/accounting experience
- Self starter with the ability to formulate out of the box ideas
- Well developed communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with functional leaders toward a common goal of achieving business objectives
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify key drivers of financial performance, particularly in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP, or similar ERP system
- High energy and confident ability to influence a continuous improvement culture
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office