Job ID :
China - Shanghai
- Develop and validate new analytical methods for the detection and identification of chemicals and heavy metals in food, medicinal and cosmetic products. Methodically develop spectral libraries for key China applications in the target markets.
- Direct oversight of local applications team in commercial function.
- Liaison directly with end users, sales team members, government agencies and the business unit’s Research & Development team to identify technical gaps and solutions.
- Partner with universities and government agencies to explore and develop new applications to further the technology and detection capabilities.
- Partner with marketing lead to provide rapid technical assessment of new applications and technologies.
- Provide technical applications support and training for local sales team
- Provide technical expertise to a China-based engineering team by leveraging his in-depth knowledge and experiences in analytical technologies and their applications.
- Participate feasibility/proof of concept investigation in Ideation and early NPD phases of new projects based on analytical technology platform by providing scientific evaluations to help make go/no go decisions about design choices for products under development.
- Provide application work in R&D engineering activities throughout NPD to ensure successful delivery of products that thoroughly meet customer needs.
- Identify and propose technical solutions and methods for innovative new product development based on advanced analytical.
- Work with product marketing function to define new application/analytical product opportunities in China market targeting food/medicinal/cosmetic product safety markets.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, chemistry or related science. >5 years of applications and lab experience for M.S. or >2 years of experience for Ph.D. required. Experience and knowledge in analytical chemistry are essential.
- Technical expertise in analytical method development utilizing Raman, FTIR and NIR spectroscopy.
- Prior experience and technical expertise utilizing SERS-Raman technology.
- Prior experience highlighting specific skills in experiment design, data collection and applications deployment.
- Prior experience with Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) techniques and associated sample preparation and enrichment techniques
- Highly organized with the ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects, driving a customer focused and data driven environment within the team.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills with the ability to make timely, effective and fact-based decisions.
- Good communication skills both in oral and in written English with the capability to effectively communicate key points and articulate proposals to the senior management and engineering team by writing and presenting evidence through reports and presentations.
- Strong self-motivation with the willingness to take challenges.
- Experience as project or team leader.
- Experience partnering with a university or government agency to drive research efforts.
- Prior lab management function.
- Experience in cross countries and cross cultures projects.
- Experience in analytical instrument development is a plus.