When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Personally handle environmental management systems and compliance for the Fair Lawn and Bridgewater facilities including:
- Air compliance (permit submittals, emissions statement submittals, record keeping, management systems and procedures to ensure compliance).
- Perform various “right to know” reporting (SARA 312, 313, Form R, NJ RPPR, Biennial Hazardous Waste) with appropriate systems and documentation on how the information for the submittal was developed.
- Maintain DPCC and Pollution Prevention plans.
- Manage ODS program.
- Ensure TSCA compliance.
- Stormwater program management.
- Underground Storage Tank program management.
- Manage the site Emergency Plan and Emergency Response Team. Provide or make arrangements for First Aid, CPR/AED and HAZWOPER training for the Bridgewater facility.
- Manage site security (in compliance with DHS requirements) for the Bridgewater facility.
- Manage the safety program for the Bridgewater facility including:
- Develop and lead existing safety initiatives, including Safety committee, ESH inspection program, Safety Gemba and Ergonomics Team.
- Refine/develop where needed procedures to support all aspects of chemical plant safety, ensuring compliance and providing needed technical guidance in ESH areas.
- Manage Workers Comp program and OSHA 300 logs.
- Assist in incident investigation and conduct risk assessments to reduce accidents and risks, following corrective actions to completion.
- Refine/develop where needed and implement training programs to meet all regulatory requirements and improve safety performance and drive ESH excellence.
- Use Lean tools and employ PPI (Practical Process Improvement) to help drive workplace safety.
- Inspire a culture of safety involvement and engagement.
- Maintain ESH metrics and provide reporting to the business units and Corporate Risk Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science, Risk Management or related field. Advanced degree/professional certifications (CIH, CSP, CHMM, etc.) a plus
- 7+ years of technical and regulatory Environmental, Health and Safety experience with an emphasis on chemical manufacturing and distribution and strong background in Process Safety Management(PSM) plus. Multi-site manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience working in a Union environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills are needed to work with various parts of the business.
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.