- To install & commissioning the new & upgrades and service the equipment before and after warranty.
- To generate new business opportunities and developing existing customer base for the Metals & Web Gauging solutions in the Plastics, Metals, Rubber and allied industries within APAC markets.
- To provide best possible local regional field service to customers in the region
Key Interaction Relationships internally and Externally
Internal ones include
- APAC Service & Sales and marketing team members
- Adelaide / Erlangen/ Wilmington-based Project, Engineering, Quality, Sensor. Production and Repair teams & Tech Support Team
External ones include
- OEM Customers
- Existing and prospective customers, including end-user and engineering firms
- External representatives / distributors / agents as applicable
Regular travel within the region required. Travel may be around 70%. Readiness to work after office hours / on Weekend and public holidays as the project requires
- Supervise Field Engineering Activities. Monitor work schedules, direct labour activities and expenses.
- Even though the primary responsibility is One Gauging (Metals + Web) products, be flexible to learn the other product lines under M&M as per the managements direction
- Typical On-Site Project Handling Requirement, once the project is assigned, be self-motivated to liaise directly with the sales / agents, colleagues, factory project manager, shipping department, radiation officers and customers in managing the project to,
- Complete the System Description / System Specification Sheet
- Assist the customer with the Radio Active licensing procedures
- System & Source shipment co-ordination
- Schedule the pre-installation meeting and visits
- Complete the shipment inventory
- Work & co-ordinate with the field contractors
- Schedule the Installation & Commissioning visits to match the customers schedule in a way to minimize the machine shutdown
- Able to read the drawings for new installations & assist the customer for site preparation
- Follow the local Safety procedures
- Work in co-ordination with the OEM & end user
- Complete the project within 75% of the budgeted time
- Feedback any failures to the factory / quality
- Suggest any new features that is useful from the field standpoint
- Make sure the sensor calibrated and the control is tuned to satisfy the contractual commitment
- Get the un-conditional acceptance signed by the customer
- Complete the applications report to document the results
- Provide a recommended parts list to the customer and suggest them to keep in stock and thereby helping the spare parts selling
- Setup the system for pcAnywhere (or) Team Viewer (or) any other VPN connection that is suitable for the remote support
- Co-ordinate with the finance to send out the final acceptance invoice
- Work with the PSA (PM contract) admin to bring the system under the contract coverage
- While at site find out the other opportunity at the site to sell more of our Thermo Fisher product - Bring in the sales lead to our sales colleagues
- Train, Develop, motivate and evaluate staff in a manner consistent with the company’ policies.
- After every field support, I&C, telephone support, remote support, proposal support, spare parts support, make sure that the CAS survey is filled and submitted to service admin
- Develop and implement a program to monitor quality of service / support delivered to site.
- Promote Product Support Agreements; understand service option, pricing and presentation.
- Manage Product Support Agreements; understand technical and commercial provisions, identify and implement all deliverable requirements.
- Promote system updates and upgrades; identify, evaluate and present system upgrade options.
- Maintain customer files and database including type of system, application, quality control strategy and personnel.
- Act as a liaison between the company and customers.
- Provide and / or coordinate filed support; formulate and implement troubleshooting solutions, establish and maintain communications with engineering and software development.
- Confers with customers and production personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Assist with customer support department budget by tracking project costs and man-hours.
- Provide leadership in, and promotion of, a positive company culture by being an advocate for employees while achieving a balance with company goals.
- Timely feedback to internal departments from the marketplace
Key Performance Metrics
- Achieve project completion within 75% of the budgeted time
- Achieve expense goals
- CASsurvey / Salesforce.Com (SFDC) in region
- On time reporting
- Submission of applications report for all the new & upgrade projects
- Continuous learning on new product lines and become self-reliance
Skills & Abilities
- Proven Service competence
- High competency in technical field
- Very good computer operating skills
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and force solid and positive professional
- Self-motivated / Self Disciplined; excellent organization skills: initiative, willingness to adapt to and embrace change
- Very good administration skills
- Team player and diplomatic
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Very good attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A self starter and able to work independently
- English language is essential, advantageous Bahasa/ Malay / Mandarin language
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in product service or engineering.
- Experience in the calibration, installation, commissioning, servicing, fault finding of electro mechanical equipment , programming PLC, MMI (Wonderware, Directsoft, etc….)
- Preparation of quotes, tenders etc
- Exposure to heavy industry and related hazards
- High level knowledge of and skills in field instrumentation or process control systems
- Sound knowledge of Metals, Web & Rubber processing techniques
- Business development strategies
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. / B.E.) tertiary qualification in electrical / electronic / instrumentation / communication. Experience from Metal, Plastics, Rubber, Metallurgical, Process engineering / Instrumentation field will be an added advantage
- Minimum Diploma tertiary qualification in sales and marketing