Job ID :
Canada - Remote|Canada - Toronto|US - California - Remote / Field
- Position has overall responsibility for growth and maintenance of global OEM for Cytomat and LA product line
- Evaluate customer requests and respond to customers in a timely manner. This includes being the key point of contact for new business and ongoing project discussions, pricing and volume discussions, issue resolving, and support functions.
- Identify areas of growth with current OEM customer accounts.
- Actively prospects for, identifies, and brings new business opportunities to the organization.
- Maintains focus on meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Manages multiple initiatives/projects for entire client portfolio.
- Key client management: Maintains relationships with key decision makers of customers.
- Cultivates relationships with current client base and pro-actively manages partnerships to maintain and grow existing business.
- Fields and manages all potential customer inquiries with timely response and feasibility evaluation.
- Manages quotation process and ensures all RFQ deadlines are met.
- Negotiates and closes new and renewal business.
- Ensures frequent communication and timely and complete follow-up with current customers, leads, etc.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of business/technical/capability presentations.
- Schedules and coordinates quarterly business reviews with key customer accounts. Monitors established performance metrics and scorecard reports.
- Supports the organization of continuous improvement initiatives to maximize performance and improve process quality, efficiency, and effectiveness through benchmarking activities.
- Ability to travel globally, up to 50% as necessary.
- B.S. Degree in Scientific field required; Masters degree in Science or Business a plus.
- 10 Years experience in life sciences industry, in particular instrument business for Drug Research
- Experience in automated environmental control and lab automation is preferred
- Exposure to process improvement efforts (i.e. six sigma, practical process improvement) a plus.
- Strong project management skills are essential. Must be able to lead and/or influence others without direct authority.
- Excellent relationship building and persuasion skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to lead.
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and take direct appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Well-founded and practiced formal problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and assertive self-starter who can operate effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Sound business acumen.
- Well developed written skills to prepare monthly reports, reviews and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Experience drafting and negotiating various types of contracts. Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills: well developed verbal skills to successfully communicate to a variety of internal and external audiences, while counseling, negotiating and formally presenting views and/or technical criteria.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.