Associate Demonstration Chemist
A dynamic and self-motivating individual is required to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as a Demonstration Chemist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Demonstration and Applications Labs, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. Primary responsibilities will be to conduct LCMS product demonstrations related to (but not limited to) small molecule, environmental, clinical, food, or metabolomics applications. Additional responsibilities include technical and application support to ensure customer success and satisfaction in these application areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage actively with our sales and marketing colleagues to define and then execute the highest quality demonstration of our mass spectrometry products, workflows and application solutions.
- Provide routine maintenance/upkeep on Mass Spectrometry equipment as appropriate
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- MSc or PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry or another relevant life-science discipline.
- A strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative small molecule LCMS workflows (e.g., metabolite ID and clinical analyses) and associated structural elucidation is required. A strong understanding of associated sample preparation for LC/MS analysis is important.
- Experience with a broad range of LCMS instrumentation both qualitative and quantitative.
- Requires excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong project and time management skills required.
- Must be willing and able to travel (up to 15%).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Knowledge of basic chemistry principles.
- Knowledge of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry principles and instruments.
- Knowledge of small molecule quantitative and qualitative workflows and associated informatics.
- Experience with Microsoft’s basic software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to present experimental results and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- It is expected that the person will be an active team player and contribute ideas which will improve the demo lab environment and promote the customer’s experience visiting the San Jose Demo and Applications Laboratory.
- A passion to improve – oneself, the team, and the support we provide to sales and customers.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.