Job Title: Staff Engineer, Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 25676BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
- This position shall perform process engineering activities to ensure manufacturability of products in Thermo Fisher facilities. Position scope includes supporting new product introductions, continuous improvement efforts, and process sustaining/ troubleshooting for Manufacturing.
- This position will have responsibilities for the evaluating existing processes and facility layouts and assist in generating the future strategy to maximize operating efficiency, sustainability, and growth.
- Provide technical leadership on cross functional teams for high throughput oligonucleotide operations, business development and planning, and R&D activities.
- Lead equipment/process validation activities, process optimization, technology transfer, and new product scale-up.
- Perform project management functions
- Develop, implement, and qualify robust, high quality, and cost effective processes for manufacturing new and/or existing world class products in an ISO 13485 environment. Successfully troubleshoot equipment and process problems in Manufacturing.
- Establish equipment requirements and specifications.
- Interface with other functions and departments to solve problems and perform equipment/facility commissioning activities.
- Generate process documentation such as process flow diagrams, P&IDs, mass and energy balances, as well as supporting procedures, and software and equipment validation protocols.
- Perform design and process risk assessments, such as FMEA.
- Conduct design reviews.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Exercise knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles in manufacturing.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of eight years of relevant experience in successfully performing process engineering activities.
- Must have manufacturing experience, with strong understanding of ISO and cGMP quality requirements.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills are required, providing the ability to inspire, motivate, and collaborate with others.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing projects and priorities.
- Six Sigma Certification
- Works in an office environment, with periods in the manufacturing plant and/or laboratory
- Frequent traveling required for support of other manufacturing sites.
- Must be able to work safely with hazardous materials and chemicals.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.