As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Clinical Field Application Scientist forNext Generation Sequencing
Home based in Austria, Southern Germany orSwitzerland
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment? Are you looking for a role where you can use both your strong technical knowledge and your relationship building skills in a customer oriented role?
We are currently looking for a Clinical Applications Specialist with a background in Next Generation Sequencing and/or with reasonable background in clinical Bioinformatics to further strengthen our team. You will be working out of a home office somewhere in Austria or S-Germany or Switzerland with a willingness to travel in those countries. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization. This position is temporary for one year with the very likely possibility to change into a full time contract afterwards.
Develop Thermo Fisher business and relationship to customers by providing:
- Support the Clinical market operation of Thermo Fisher Scientific / Ion Torrent product portfolio for Next Generation Sequencing
- Support of clinical solutions to existing customers
- Owning the implementation of assays and products / clinical solutions within customer sites
- Responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers
- Understandingthe clinical landscape in their countries and develop a strategy how to best tackle the clinical markets in their regions
Job duties will include the following tasks:
- Review and assist customers with their protocols and assays on Ion Torrent / Thermo Fisher NGS instrumentation at in-house facilities and at customer sites
- Help customers design and conducts experiments to assist in evaluations of Ion Torrent / Thermo Fisher products
- Promote new products (clinical solutions) on customer sites and in conferences/user meetings
- Work in collaboration with the Clinical Account Manager to set up best strategy for customer site
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Maintain and develop the CRM database
- Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis
- Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically
- Align with other teams in the company on a regular basis
- Estimated 40% travel, always planable
- Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology or bioinformatics preferred
- Experience in molecular biology application is mandatory. Bioinformatics experience is strongly desirable
- NGS experience or experience as clinical application support desirable
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Strong drive for success
- Fluent in German and English language
- Willingness to travel