Market Development Manager, Flow Cytometry
The Global Market Development Manager (GMD) will develop and execute marketing programs in the flow cytometry instrument systems using a multi-channel go-to-market strategy focus. This experienced, dynamic manager will be a key member of the Flow Cytometry Market Development team. This role is responsible for working with a broad team, including regional and business counterparts, to develop global go-to-market strategies and integrated multi-channel marketing plans to then execute on tactical projects to achieve KPI and revenue targets and other annual operating plan objectives.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for flow cytometry devices, including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Develop and execute engaging, bold tactical marketing plans for new and/or existing flow cytometry devices.
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs.
- Create and implement appropriate marketing content across multiple channels, including web, video, social media, print, and more.
- Develop sales force training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D, and commercial teams.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- 5+ years of experience developing a marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans for scientific instruments- Flow Cytometry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Experience with product area marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- A strong record building alignment in cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC.
- Experience in the flow cytometry market preferred
- Travel is required. (25%)
- MBA strongly preferred.