- Communicates with individual sales representatives on a regular basis to monitor account pipeline and assure core competency requirements are met.
- Communicate, strategize, plan and implement sales efforts with Toxicology team to assure quarterly and annual goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Continually help to improve the company culture by practice and example to the 4”I” values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Hire, coach, train, and mentor sales representatives, including corrective actions if necessary through the Thermo Performance Management and Development program.
- Works extensively with SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM to manage customer account base and monitor reps sales performance and productivity.
- Plan and develops Sales Meetings as well as conference calls to implement sales initiatives, trainings, and policies.
- Work with sales representatives, managers and VP, Commercial Operations and finance to create customer pricing strategies and proposals that assure growth and profitability.
- Work with Distribution and Customer Service teams to ensure efficient product/instrument delivery and resolution of order issues.
- Complete all company required training programs such as Role of the Leader training.
- Works with Sales Operations team to create incentives and sales compensation plans.
- Assist VP, Commercial Operations in annual budget process, financial data gathering and reports, as well as presentations to customers, reps, and Thermo leadership.
- Continually strive to connect with other divisions within Thermo Fisher Scientific to assure maximum penetration of Thermo products in the toxicology market.
- Work with Business Units through Marketing and Product Managers to assure alignment to division goals for new product launches and other Marketing initiatives.
- Use various market networks such as customers, thought leaders, and all available channels to assess competitive information, customer needs, and other sources. Use this information for sales strategy, pricing, and reporting to assure the company remains innovative and competitive within the market.
- Must have B.S./B.A. in business, life sciences or equivalent. MBA is strongly preferred.
- 8 or more years of sales experience and a minimum of 4 years of direct sales management with demonstrated success in the medical diagnostics or similar market.
- Ability to travel extensively and as needed. Minimum travel is >50%.
- Strong analytical skills that coincide with the ability to implement complex selling strategies and plans.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications.
- Superior relationship-building ability.
- Proficient with SFDC CRM, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Works independently and does not require constant supervision or direction and the ability to make competent decisions on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated experience in working with financial reports, forecasting, and other key data reporting tools.
- Reports weekly and monthly to the VP, Commercial Operations on critical customer information, revenue target progress and team development progress.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: Proven successful sales and sales management experience. Must be able to show success individually selling as well as managing a team to success.
- Previous experience managing successful sales teams which consistently met or exceeded targets
- Ability to travel without limitation.
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Proven ability to assess, attract, retain and develop personnel to meet performance expectations and fill future leadership roles.
- Must be results oriented and be able to lead the sales team to achieve region sales and profit goals.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills that will instill confidence in employees, management, supplier partners and customers.