Works at customer site(s) to ensure that equipment is operating at an optimum level by providing calibration, repair, preventative maintenance, diagnostic, and validation services. Provides generalist level support to one or more product line, family or application.
Metrologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform repair, troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, and qualification of advanced pharmaceutical laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Administer program for scheduling and documenting maintenance, calibration, and qualification of laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform technical diagnosis of operational problems and repairs/calibrations on wide range of laboratory equipment to ensure that the equipment is operating to the customer’s complete satisfaction and manufacture specifications. May include running the necessary experiments and/or coordinate among the in-house and outside experts to reach a resolution.
- Perform technical evaluations on product changes and on new products, including software verification, collection of performance data, assessment of user friendliness, ease of maintenance, etc. Provide written reports on evaluations.
- Assist with customer training, by preparing instruments and supplies as well as giving presentations.
- Technical school degree in Refrigeration or Electronics or scientific field, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of equivalent job related experience, preferably supporting laboratory equipment.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, working across all levels, functions and regions.
- Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and Excel.
- Willingness to travel.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic instructional abilities (customer training).
- Accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
- Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction.)
- Detailed understanding of service functions.