Job Title: Clinical Sales Specialist
Department: CDD UK/IRL/ Commercial
Location: North West of England inc Scotland
Summary of Job
Reporting the Country Commercial Manager (UK and Ireland), the job holder is responsible for sales and support of the full portfolio (excluding the Classic Biomarker range) of ThermoFisher Clinical Diagnostics Division assays and instruments within the Northern UK territory. The sales focus will be primarily on growing sales of the proprietary Procalcitonin assay, as well as the market leading Drugs of Abuse, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Immunosuppressant assays and MAS Quality Control products.
- The key performance targets will be sales and profitability according to the AOP established for business, with an emphasis on selling the Procalcitonin, DAT, TDM and MAS QC products.
- In addition business growth beyond the annual plan is highly desirable, and is considered to be the hallmark of high performance within the sales organisation.
- Create and implement a territory plan for driving new sales opportunities.
- Identify and secure new instrument placement opportunities and associated reagent sales in line with customer sales policy.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships which are robust, enduring and mutually beneficial.
- Be acknowledged as an authority on invitro diagnostics and have current knowledge of commonly used methods in the laboratory
- Provide observed input on the company’s marketing and new product development initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain the company’s customer pricing policy for the territory.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of all sales development initiatives.
- Work in close partnership with the Service and Office functions to ensure a seamless customer experience..
- Collaborate with internal R&D colleagues and Marketing focused individuals to share best practice and customer knowledge.
- Communicate effectively within the company to maximise sales opportunities – in particular with the Freemont and Hennigsdorf Business Units, and with relevant local Country Organisations
- Fully support established reporting mechanisms, participate at international sales meetings, training initiatives, etc as appropriate.
- Inspire and motivate all colleagues to exceed customer expectations and generate new business enquiries.
- Provide required reports on all sales activities, achievements, key issues, etc with projections and strategies for the following month.
- Develop and manage an effective sales pipeline tracking process, and use this to underpin effective and accurate forecasts
- Provide timely reports on customer contact and lead generation.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as may be required from time to time by the General Manager or Clinical Sales Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance at all times with the company’s policies and procedures, especially in relation to environmental, health and safety and ethics.
- A relevant degree especially in Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology or Analytical Chemistry perhaps supplemented by a Professional qualification in Clinical Biochemistry, Masters degree in a business/financial discipline.
- Deep experience in the Toxicology or Clinical Biochemistry market place
- Strong experience in selling clinical laboratory instruments or reagents/assays
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th June 2017