Position Summary: The Credit & Collections Representative plays an important role in our accounting department by ensuring the timely collections of payments from our customers. This position is responsible for chasing customer payments, managing the processing of cash receipts, AR postings & reporting, and other various responsibilities as needed.
- Chasing customers by phone and email/letter for outstanding invoice payment;
- Research, code and post cash receipts, and utilize reports to identify needed clearings.
- Research and reconcile unallocated cash.
- Help update procedural manuals and train associates on departmental processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to prioritize while paying great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Critical thinking, analytical and negotiating skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond to change in a fast paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail
- SAP/Oracle/Collection System experience preferred