When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Serves as the liaison with all departments/customers to ensure orders are shipped timely.
- Listen attentively to OEM/Customer needs and concerns: demonstrate empathy.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams to ensure high level of OEM/Customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the OEM/Customer and/or improve productivity.
- Participate in activities/surveys designed to improve OEM/Customer Satisfaction and business performance. (CAS)
- Enter, maintain and release OEM/Customer orders to include entry and allocation of product by utilizing SAP.
- Provide documents as required for both domestic and international OEM/Customers.
- Be a focal point for all OEM/Customer communications, except for technical issues and new business.
- Assist in resolving issues relating to inventory discrepancies, shipping and invoicing issues.
- Process credits/debits and returns through SAP when required.
- Assist with new account set-up information.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as required for OEM/Customers and internal use.
- Participates and provides expertise as a member of the Customer Service Departmental Team. The team’s objectives are to develop and recommend changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency, and responsiveness of the Customer Service Department as a whole
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution; Associates degree preferred. Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with international customers and/or distributors are a plus.
- Physical Requirements: Normal office environment. Position will require sitting and standing. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, both PC and mainframe (Microsoft Office – Excel & Word, SAP, or equivalent experience a plus).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Professional and courteous attitude; ability to deal constructively with difficult personalities
- Exercise good judgments and be able to make decisions within prescribed guidelines.
- Ability to work across functional lines
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of auditing process is preferred.
- Good attendance history required.
- Good safety and quality practices.
This position has not been approved for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.