When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
The Sr Manager, PPI Business System reports to the Director of Operations and has overall responsibility for the coaching and implementation of PPI Lean Enterprise and the PPI 8-Step Process principles across the Plant Operations. This entails direct application of PPI and Lean tools and concepts to a variety of business work groups including, operations, finance, human resources, etc. The position will lead, direct, and mentor the PPI Process Manager. This Senior Leadership position manages the overall coordination of continuous improvement activity, Lean Enterprise and problem solving, and the Lean Steering Committee. The position coaches, trains, and develops Lean facility future state plans and assists value stream teams to ensure activities are moving forward.
What You’ll Get to Do:
• Act as a change agent, systematically driving use of Lean tools for continuous improvement and change throughout operations.
• Qualified as Lean Coach to lead Lean transformation.
• Leads PPI Lean Enterprise Steering Committee.
• Leads Value Stream KPI review each month. Identifies gaps and implements countermeasures.
• Coordinate activities with division PPI-Lean Enterprise leadership to make sure that implementation standard work is being followed and that best practices are being shared across the division
• 5 + years working experience in a manufacturing environment with leadership/project management experience focused on Lean implementation across the Enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree required in business management or engineering strongly preferred. An advanced degree such as an MBA is a plus.
• Demonstrated technical skills in Lean tools & concepts with an emphasis on implementation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous experience in problem solving methodology.
• Qualified PPI Process Manager or similar experience preferred
• Ability to coach & facilitate teams.
• Strong leadership and decision making ability.
• Has PPI process, project management or similar experience.
• Is certified or has ability and becomes certified trainer of PPI-Lean and 8-step method within 3 months.
• Knowledge, experience or training in Lean techniques and proficient in process auditing.
• Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Possesses a solid working knowledge of other business functions such as Logistics, Finance, Sales, Engineering, and Human Resources in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
• Must possess excellent communication skills and lives the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I core values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be able to travel as needed up to 10%.
• Performs all job duties in a safe manner, consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, and follows all ISO standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Relocation assistance has been approved for this role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.