Job Title: Microsoft Engineer
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
The exciting position will cover all aspects of our Microsoft O365 and client environment. This position will be hands on and focused on how we deploy and manage our Microsoft client estate within a large O365 footprint. Knowledge of VDI technology would be advantageous. The correct person will have knowledge of SCCM and be Microsoft certified with at least 2 years’ experience
- Extensive Windows 7/10 client experience and its management.
- All versions of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SCCM for deploying packages.
- Knowledge of O365
- Overview of Cisco (LAN/WAN) networks would be advantageous but not essential.
- Must provide an excellent customer experience when interacting with business colleagues
- Assist and participate in developing cost estimates and proposals for new system requirements
- Create and maintain documentation
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Microsoft certified
- 3 year technical education beyond high school, Degree preferred
- Equivalent work experience acceptable
- At least 2 years work experience with Microsoft products
- Demonstrates strong project management skills
- Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Able to complete assignment with minimal direction
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to networking problems and issues
- Must adapt to rapidly changing technologies
- Enhanced PC knowledge and skill sets utilizing Microsoft products
- Interest in expanding one’s knowledge in the technology industry
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong client support orientation
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.