When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: We are seeking a Software Engineer with a broad computer engineering background (embedded systems, application and web) and skilled in C++/OOP to join a thriving research and development team. This team is responsible for the development of our award-winning series of handheld x-ray fluorescence, Raman and infrared analyzers used for material identification in a wide array of markets. The candidate will work with the software engineering team to improve our existing products and develop our next generation portable devices.
Our technology is based on NIR, FTIR, Raman and X-Ray fluorescence. Our products are considered state of the art and we utilize the latest technology available to continuously evolve our product line. Please visit www.thermoscientific.com/pai for more information about our products and technologies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance and software release for our company’s portable analytical instrument products.
- Development and support of GUI, middleware, communications and other layers of the software stack using object oriented programming (OOP) techniques in C/C++ and Qt on a Linux/Windows environment.
- Integration of algorithms & mathematical functions for the identification and quantification of materials using x-ray and optical spectroscopy
- Proficient in developing with C/C++ in an embedded environment.
- Experience working with Linux and Windows.
- Design Pattern Experience.
- Enjoys solving problems and troubleshooting.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with a minimum of 5 years experience in the field.
- SQL, schema and db experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile Environment.
- Experience with Embedded Linux, Qt & Android is a big plus.
- Windows CE experience
- XML and JSON
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.