When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Summary: Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. This Lead Site Specialist provides work direction to and/or performs all duties of a Sr. Site Specialist, Site Specialist or Site Technician to assure customer satisfaction. Monitors work flow to optimize staffing and services for customer. Works closely with customer, sales representatives/managers to ensure all service expectations are supported. . Services may include: order processing/purchasing, receiving, storeroom/consignment, inventory management, chemical management, glassware washing, and media preparation. Acts as a liaison between customer, sales, suppliers, logistics and management using special system knowledge to ensure success of customer relationships.
- Assists in organizing the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards. Provides functional supervision to team members by performing site coverage as needed.
- May assist in the cross training of associates and the training of new hires.
- Facilitates and directs team meetings.
- Identifies training and site service personnel skills for enhancement opportunities and reports to the supervisor.
- Collects time cards and checks for completeness prior to submission to the supervisor.
- Assists with preparing performance appraisals for site personnel while reviewing site employee errors and trains/coaches so potential errors are eliminated.
- Directs the workflow of the team in support of contractual obligations and in line with established best practices.
- Acts as subject matter expert to answer employee, customer and sales representative’s questions and resolve problems.
- Assists with data collection, report generation and site metric development in support of contractual obligations and best practice methodologies.
- Answer customer questions and responds to/resolves problems.
- Meets with customers proactively to determine their needs. Informs site employees of special customer requirements, resolves problems and keeps employees informed of corrective action.
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders
- Follow all safety guidelines related to the handling and movement of chemical containers
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ideally two plus years of progressive relevant experience.
- Detailed knowledge of customer pricing agreements and relevant systems, work instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and best practices.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred.
- Detail oriented, problem solver with a team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.