When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The position will work under the direction of the New Product Development Engineering team to assist in research, development, and testing of components, equipment and systems. Duties include but not limited to:
Review project instructions and drawings to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and perform basic math.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to trouble-shoot non-functioning equipment
- Skillful in the use of basic mechanical and electrical tools.
- Skillful in the operation of measurement equipment, data recorders, PC devices.
- Skillful in efficient planning and use of time.
- Skillful in machine construction, test setup, measurement, and analysis.
- Able to use MS Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Acts responsively to project urgencies.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in an engineering product development environment.
- Associates degree from a two year college or technical school or equivalent experience.