Are you passionate about advancing genetic science? Want to drive and manage multi-million-dollar instrument systems? This individual will manage on-market capillary electrophoresis instrument products that provide value added growth for the business segment. This person will develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities for a diverse portfolio of products and services. This role will be responsible for development of product definition, positioning, pricing and product lifecycle management. Responsibilities include developing market research, leading product management function in managing inventory, pricing, customer communications, support, and revenue forecasts. This position reports to the Product Management Leader of CE Instruments.
Manage worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams. Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation. Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, formulating and communicating global launch plans including commercialization strategy, public presentations, competitive analysis, forecasting, positioning and training of internal groups, service, support and sales.
The selected candidate will be a strong individual within cross-functional teams developing the right product to fill market needs, and will serve as the customer advocate interacting w/ functional partners including R&D, Program Management, Manufacturing, Market Development, Finance, Customer Services, Quality and Regulatory Associates. The selected candidate will partner closely with the other Product Managers and Marketing Specialists to ensure system synergies and optimal customer experiences.
Desired applicants should bring specific experiences in building creative solutions, thinking outside the box. Knowledge of biological sciences, engineering and/or genomics is highly desirable. Candidate must possess a track record of success in managing on-market products, driving business innovation, product development, building/leading cross functional teams and effective executive level communication.
· Implement business strategy for addressing pain points of the customer
· Lead product definition teams, defining critical product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding business or financial justification with ROI.
· Manage total product lifecycle, setting organizational cadence for retirement, refresh or enhancement of existing products
· Understand, follow and be accountable for business aspects of Product Commercialization Process (PCP) for products
· Assess and evaluate competitive landscape – including product offerings.
· Monetize products through direct and indirect economic business models, segregating differentiated value propositions for customer segments
· Accurate market analysis, value proposition and forecasting for new products
· Create multi generation product plans
· Write business cases communicating global launch plans that include regulatory strategy, reimbursement approach, competitive analysis, forecasting, pricing, positioning and training of internal groups
· Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
· Develop customer oriented sales tools and collateral in partnership with market development
· Develop a thorough knowledge of target customer segments, markets and the competition
· Contribute to overarching solutions strategy and roadmap
· May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
· 7+ years’ experience in Product Management required
· Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Science OR Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related degree
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
· Track record of success in launching solution oriented products as a system required
· Demonstrated ability to develop business cases, customer and product requirements for strategic and/or complex products, soliciting and integrating Voice of Customer and User Centered Innovation inputs
· Demonstrated experience successfully managing products, pricing, and forecasting
· Strong leadership skills within cross functional teams; a demonstrated leader through influence with strong negotiation skills
· Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
· Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
· Organized with strong project management skills
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
· Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others; team-first attitude
· Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
· Experience with validated and regulated markets is a plus
MBA strongly preferred